Nearly ready to close the box. I have the back fit into the body and top is finished.
I marked out where I need to cut the rebates for the top braces. I was going to push on tonight
but thought it is best to call it a night. I got to use my mini die grinder from Blues Creek to
cut the rebates. It was fun to have a light narrow tool use. It cut like a dream, it is easy to
see around and it does not block light. For the first time ever the back
fit in one try after I marked and cut the rebates and trimmed the braces.
Dec 8th 2011
I glued on the top of this guitar last night. It helped that I read the other posts Tuesday
about gluing on the top and back. Ken and John mentioned the fit, and if the geometry was correct
it should not take much. Checking the geometry before gluing the top I found that the rims had
more of a top to bottom bow than I wanted. If I had glued it up that way I would have struggled
the rest of the build to compensate. The top itself had the correct geometry. I took the body
back to the radius disk and sanded down the waist a bit, deepened the rebates for the braces and
then recheck the geometry. After the glue-up using a straight edge I have a gap of 2.5 mm or 3/32"
inch at the bridge saddle location. This is the number I was shooting for.